Saturday, August 8, 2015

Sunflower Festival today

The street will be closed to traffic and vendors will fill the space with their wares. Music will be playing from the stand set up in the little park area on the street and food will be available everywhere (for a price)  The officials will give their speeches at 0945 am - sure to see the local federal candidates out seeking every one's attention! And tonight there will be a street dance for those so inclined (not us)  Tomorrow is the big Triathlon - very popular now and people come from all over the province to compete.
Our Dutch neighbours arrived Thursday night about 9 pm. I haven't yet seen them to say hello and welcome but that will soon come as we are out in the yard more. I cherished the quiet and privacy we have enjoyed by not having anyone right next door - our little sitting area may not be as enjoyable for the next month or so. I believe they are staying until Sept 16 this year. The are very nice folks so I don't worry that much, but I think we have been spoiled a little !!
harry is off to his garage sales but will return by 0930 and we'll walk to the downtown from here.
So I better start my Saturday chores (ie washing laundry) and enjoy a little time alone with another coffee while I can!
Enjoy your weekend. Take care.  ps leave the Magic Cleaner Pati - I'll not notice anything when I come. BTW - one of the cats left a dead mouse on the floor for us this morning. I think it must be the little cat as neither of the other two were ever mousers.  I guess I better check my cupboards again yuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment