Sunday, August 23, 2015

At least it is cooler, folks.....

The rain may not be welcome in such huge amounts as you described, but it is no longer unbearably humid now.  We have had a bit of rain, maybe just enough to wet the ground but not torrential. I always hope that it will not be torrential, otherwise I am at the window pumping haha
I took my bike around the block yesterday - first time all summer. I had it out once in Spring but otherwise it sits in the stand and cries out to me.  I had to wipe all the cob webs off and oil the chains, and pump the tires, but I think all of that is part of the ride!
I have been looking for a certain item for the last few days - it is here but I cannot find it. I have been throwing around boxes in the back room, and down the basement and in general having a great time seeing all the junk again haha. This morning I plan to drive to the storage unit and see if it might have been taken there.
Last night we decided to stay up a bit longer in attempts to get a better sleep and maybe sleep in a bit longer in morning.  I put a candle on the table and we sat out until after 10 pm - I must say it was quite enjoyable. I had already had my bath so was in my housecoat , but then, no one can see us anyway. In the mornings when I do my walkabout with my coffee I am always in my housecoat and don't think anything about it.
Harry started to dehydrate crab apples yesterday. when I think about the five baskets he did and how much work it takes to clean and cut them thin, and the number of trees we have and the fact that this year is a stellar year for apples,I wonder to my self, "...how long will this be going on..." You can sing along with me if you like haha While he sat and cut at apples outside, I found my crochet shawl that I started last winter, and did a few rows on it. So I was happy to be doing my own stuff for a change but while still participating in the work of the house so to speak.
Well, coffee is made so the day begins again No lucky numbers on the lottery from last night so I wait until Wed night to try all over again!  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment