Thursday, August 20, 2015

weather

I know your feelings, Beth.  When the heat was here it was so exhausting.  Without air conditioning the windows are open all night (Coyotes barking you say?) and in the morning all windows are shut and all blinds are drawn.  I am glad we have the room in the basement.  It stays cooler than the rest of the house.  On the other hand, the night the heat broke and the colder weather moved in I had a great sleep.  I even had blankets on me.  36 during the day and down to 12 over night. 
 We are still under renovations at work.  They were shut down for over a week for safety issues.  They fixed them right away, but the inspectors didn't come out for a week.  Today they got the "trial" window in.  We thought it was the start to the work, but it seems they have to wait for an inspector to come out on Monday.  Then he examines the window, they then remove it and he examines what they did underneath.  THEN, if he passes them, they can actually start.  The noise yesterday bothered Shirley so she phoned in this morning and said to call her when the noise stopped.  I just left the message and let Eliabeth  (the key for the last letter of the alphabet no longer works on my computer) deal with it.  Shirley will be in tomorrow.  Patty and I were not happy.  Perhaps if she used the earplugs they gave her???   I know she has hearing issues, but I think she should have come in and if there were problems we could have found her work on the other side of the building or in the vault.  (Just venting here)
 Eliabeth brought her dog in again today.  Her house is also under renovations..... total gutting of the main floor and the workers leave the door open, so the dog can escape if he gets the chance. Anyway, we had him on  the other side of the building from the workers and he snores.  Patty and I laughed until we cried.  He snores in the rhythm of the theme from jaws.. Duh DUHH Duh DUHH.  Usually Eliabeth keeps him in her office, but she has no office right now and is working in my office and I am back at the desk I started at 16 years ago.  It is actually nice to be working in an area with another human.  I might have to switch again if Shirley decides she can work away from the construction.  I will have to take her desk.  Once they get going the entire building will be done, so Shirley will have to keep moving to get away from the main action.  Good thing I have holidays coming up the first week of September.
 Jim  was talked into driving potato truck again this year.  he quit when the guy he was working for sold out, but Murray was at the legion today and said his boss called him to see if he could find two more drivers.  He says his boss is really easy going, so Jim said yes.  He starts at 6:30 am on Sept 8 ( Jim? Up by 5:30am?)  I think it will be good to get him doing something again. 
Enough rambling... have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment