Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Oh, what a feeling.....

....to get your wheels back. It must feel so good to get behind the wheel after so long. Be sure to keep it up. When we go out together it is always Harry driving (mostly always) so when I have to go on my own, I enjoy getting behind the wheel. I like to bring a favourite CD or two to play. I find that I must be super observant at all times for fear of missing something. Not long ago I was driving in North Bay with Harry and didn't I almost miss a stop sign - came to a quick stop with all feet on the breaks. Doesn't do well to do this sort of thing with the spouse riding beside you.
On Sunday I got bit again - this time on my left upper arm. I was picking raspberries and felt something poke me - I thought it was a branch until I started to itch badly. Soon a welt started and grew bigger and bigger. By next morning I was red, hot and swollen down the arm to below the elbow.  Harry had a Drs appointment in Huntsville as a follow up to his colonoscopy two weeks ago so we were in Huntville at the Mall. I stopped into the Pharmacy to see if they had any cream The pharmacist sold me a box of benadryl tablets and suggested I have it looked at. Since there was a walk in clinic in the same building as Harry's Drs I decided I should go. A great line up with about 8 to 10 folks ahead of me but when I got to the check in she asked if I had gone to my own Dr ( also in same building) She actually phoned my office to see if they could see me and sure enough I was told to go there. I was already feeling better about it now since I would be more comfortable with my own Dr.  As it turned out I was seen my one of the other Drs ( this office is a family health team so any of the doctors may see you - the records are all electronic so my history comes up quickly)  She marked the outer edge of the swelling with a pen and told me to keep taking the benadryl but also gave me a Rx for an antibiotic. If I was not seeing any improvement by this morning I was to start on the antibiotic pills.  It was improved this morning and has been improving all day so now I am feeling better about the whole thing. Last year I was stung by a wasp on my finger and it took me three weeks to treat it my self but I had the same reaction - swelling and redness going up my hand to my wrist. I think that as I am getting older, my responses to such incidences are getting worse. I am not as bad as you Cathy, but I wonder at some point if I may not actually develop an immediate systemic response or... with these recent events, is my body developing the necessary antigens to fend off such an attack? I think you Cathy are the the most knowledgeable about this?
Well, time to say goodnight...and do some more reading before lights out. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment