Saturday, August 15, 2015

Thanks for your thoughts

It does hurt and hoping the feeling of loss will soon fade to happy memories for me. We received a letter in the mail yesterday from the vet signed by all the staff expressing their sympathy for Kittens death. I thought that was a nice touch.
Today I will be busy with all the produce. Harry bought two more baskets of blueberries and a big bunch of carrots when he went to the Nursery to buy more garlic bulbs to plant for next year. And apples are falling off the one tree- nice tasty big apples so I am making some sauce and likely another apple crisp today.  A loud and colourful storm went through last night and of course, more apples fell off.  This year I am trying to keep up with the tomatoes by making juice- to drink but if I get too much I'll bottle it.  And trying to eat the cucumbers as I have too much of pickles etc ahead and don't want to be making any more this year. I may have to give in....
I heard from my friend Sue and she is organizing another luncheon for me to meet up with several of the old gang so I will look forward to that in late Sept or early Oct.
Well, better get at it... Harry is off to garage sales.
Take care - have a nice weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment