Sunday, August 9, 2015

Blueberries

Since I've been eating blueberries and yogurt every morning for the past couple of months, I felt that I just couldn't face another blueberry today.  So I suggested we go to Tim's for breakfast. David doesn't really like eating there and I agree that it's just become too expensive to go regularly, as we did when we were cycling.  I'm sort of glad we did, as it turns out the building is going to be renovated, starting Tuesday, and there will only be a drive through.  Good to know, so we can avoid it for awhile.

We made the mistake of buying some bone-in chicken breasts that have turned out to be old and tough.  We tried roasting a couple of them awhile ago--awful!  So today I decided to try them in the slow cooker.  I remembered seeing a recipe awhile ago, but do you think I could find it?  So I decided to "wing it".  It had stuck in my mind as it used salsa--and I had one jar left.  But that's all I remember about the recipe. Do you realize that it was 2011 when we made salsa?  I mixed it with a can of Aylmer Accents diced tomatoes, and added a bit of chopped green pepper, and basil.  I have no idea how it will turn out, but it can't be much worse than when we roasted the chicken.

My strategy of making a job list, no matter how silly, is working.  We are both getting things done and are finding ourselves more active.  While I haven't finished scrubbing door frames with my Magic Eraser, ( a long term project), today I moved onto washing both thresholds.  Sounds silly, but when I saw how dirty and dusty they were, I knew it needed doing.  I think I did it once before, but the memory is so vague, that I may have just thought about doing it, or it may have been in a different house.  No matter, it's done.

David has been having trouble finding sweat jackets that he likes (and look good, but that's my criterion).  He has had the most success in the States, but now that we aren't going there, it has become a problem.  Awhile back he found one, only one, in WalMart, and it has proven even more useful than we anticipated. When we were in there the other day, I suggested he see if there might be another one.  Sure enough there were three of them.  We sort of looked at each other and I said buy them all, and we did (the price was right).  They need to be altered , just a bit, so one has been done, and the rest wait until he's ready to bring them out.  This has been a long standing problem and I'm glad to see it solved--for awhile.

So now, 11:00am, I can move onto fun stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment