Monday, August 17, 2015

The heat is gone

at least for now.  After several days of almost 40 degrees of Humidex, we ended up wearing sweaters yesterday--and loving it!  It was great to have the doors and windows open and feel the house cool down.

It was a quiet weekend.  We didn't do much other than a bit of grocery shopping on Saturday--a bit more than I had anticipated.  In trying to shop once a week instead of once a month, I have been very aware of the dangers of impulse buying when you're in the store.  We couldn't find any more of the La Cocina Tortilla chips but found bottled water at 12 for $0.99, and ice cream bars, which probably should have been on the list, but weren't.

We lost one of the small perennials from the front,and will try to replace it today ( the Nursery was closed yesterday). We did a lot of reading.  I had forgotten how much I enjoy the books by Gail Bowen, about politics, love and murder, in Regina, and finished the most recent one in jig time.  Then moved onto a couple of recent ones from Nora Roberts, and her alter-ego, J.D. Robb. We've found that, now we seem to need large print books, (for some obscure reason,) we can get things much more quickly, than if we were on the main waiting list--where we would have been #287--"nuff said.

By making up a job list every morning, and working my way through it ( that second step is the killer) we are more active and the house is tidier.  This is a big deal to me, because looking at mess, and not having the energy to deal with  it was really getting to me. We have now washed all of the sweat jackets, jackets, parkas, and coats, in preparation for fall.  In the process a couple of the seams in my parka came open, but have now been repaired.  This is the bright lime green parka, with the blue paint stains on it.  It's many years old, and owes me nothing.  I think I spoke about replacing the zipper in it a couple of years ago.  It's still there in the cupboard, ready for use, once snow flies. There's a pleasant thought!

Finished my tea, now onto the day.  I may even get dressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment