Saturday, October 24, 2015

a note from afar



As I sit on the floor of my hotel in Flin Flon.  I haven't had much of a chance to see the town aswe bussed up here so no vehicle and we appear to be on the edge of town,  All Canadian shield and lots  of hills.  One of the organisers is a girl I went to high school with.  Her husband was from here and they both  got job offers about 15 years ago and moved.  Another of the presenters went to high school with Don.  Rrain had met with her before but Melanie never made the Prior connection. ( and why would she). It is a small world indeed.  Our schedule is packed.  Basically no down time.  I start at 8:45 this morning and other than a couple of 15 minute breaks it will be steady til about 10:30 tonight.  Then, if I so choose, open Mic in the bar downstairs.  I have gone to the last couple of open mics but leave by 11:30.  Rrain and Lynne got in at 2 this morning.  I think there will be a lot of sleeping on the bus ride home tomorrow. I have to brush my teeth and dress for my first meeting of the day.  I hope to have better internet when I get home.  I have been trying to post this all day  one more try before i go to supper.  Otherwise it will be tomorrow night

No comments:

Post a Comment