Thursday, October 22, 2015

I'm cold

Don't know why I am feeling the cold the way I am but it is uncomfortably cold. And there doesn't seem to be any relief in the future - I guess this is it. No more shirtsleeve days sitting in the sun haha  Yesterday I managed to get some work done outside. The big greenhouse is all done except the front door. We are still going in and out of the greenhouse with stuff so until done with cleanup, I'll leave it accessible. But to get the roof done was a good job accomplished. I even put on a little fire in the fire pit but that was short lived as the coldness overcame my enthusiasm to sit by the fire.
Today we went to Huntsville - had a nice luncheon at the Kings Buffet to celebrate 44 years, and then on way home I splurged and bought a bottle of wine. Has been a long time since I had any. Planned to sit outside to enjoy what little sun there was. Just as we got all the chairs set up, and I poured my glass, and Harry had his usual beer, and we sat down, it started to rain. So ended the frivolity of the day!
Just heard from Mike - he was out hunting since Sunday. Hee came back into town last night as they only had one tag for a cow and they got that two days ago. So not much else for them to do there. He will soon be going back to work as was actually off only until the 25th. He is happy that even with the sharing of the one moose he will get some meat. Both Erin and Mike enjoy making different meals with moose ( and soon deer in another couple of weeks)
Tomorrow we go to the Log cabin to buy some more apples. The lady phoned from Beamsville this morning to say they would be coming up this weekend and that she had some red macs which Harry has been waiting for.
I received the benefit payment for the last dental work. It was not what I expected and so decided to pursue it further. They only allowed 50% (not 85% ) for the filling with a note to say it was considered a major treatment because it was a crowned tooth. It was NOT a crowned tooth. So I went to the dentist office early (they open at 7:30 am) to request their intervention. They took a copy of the statement, and ran off a copy of the xray of that tooth proving it was not crowned and the dentist will write a note and it will be mailed to the company. It will be a considerable amount of money to come back if it works in my favour, which it should.
So, in meantime, life goes on.  Hope all is well in your lives. Now I think I'll go to bed and try to get warm.  Is anyone else feeling the change in temperatures as much as me right now? 
ps the waitress asked if I would be considered a senior to receive the discount on the meal. Hey, that was a nice boost to my morale! Usually it is just assumed.  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment