Monday, October 26, 2015

Home again Home again Jiggity Jig

What an amazing, stimulating and exhausting weekend! No down time... lots of workshops and showcases (and snow!!)  Every show was wonderful.  There is no way I should be responsible to choose.  Even the Buddy Holly and Patsy Cline tributes were good (and I am not a fan of either)  We even went to the circus under a tent!  There was a hip hop singer. Now I think Hip Hop and go uhhhh no!  This guy was wonderful. It was a show called "the unauthorized biography Series"  He showed videos of the life of famous people and in hip hop told their life story.  We want to get him into the schools.  The bus ride was about 7 hours and I would have been home a little after 4pm on Sunday, but oh gosh!  Cathy left her suitcase on the bus.  A phone call to a board member in Neepawa, who was able to email another board member still on the bus and she got the message in Gladstone.  I was told that someone in Gladstone would take it and phone me right away. So Jim and I decided to go to Gladstone and when they phoned, we would be on our way.  Best laid plans......no phone call. I found the list of participants in my purse and went into the "hotel" to find a phone book and look them up.  Each surname had 2 entries and none of them had the same first name.  Fortunately they were all related.  After 4 phone calls I reached the right person.  My suitcase was locked in the RM office.
zaphirra, the rec director in Gladstone, came back to town (she lived about 10 miles away) and rescued my suitcase.  We got home about 6pm.  I was pretty good in Flin Flon.  I went to open mic on Thursday and came back to the room about 11:15.  Friday, it was around midnight when I got back.  Saturday night  was about 1:45 am.  And I was still on the bus by 8:45 Sunday morning.  Open mic was when anyone, including the presenters, could get up and sing.  Even the piano tuner went up.  Lots of fun.  Now I am still on a high, but very tired.  Had my flu shot today so I will use that as an excuse to be so tired.  I am very glad I went.

No comments:

Post a Comment