Thursday, October 15, 2015

Dentists

No-one told me before my surgery, that I should have any necessary dental work done, as it could be a problem afterward, for ever.  Evidently, dental work can greatly increase the chances of some sort of infection for anyone with joint replacements.  I seriously need to have my teeth cleaned and checked, but I'm almost afraid to have it done now, unless it's with a very skillful dentist--and I'm not sure where to find one of those.

Today's adventure was unplanned.  I finally finished the quilting and beading on my most recent project.  ( Hallelujah!!) Next is to block it.  Never anticipated that my blocking board would be too small.  Then we took a good look at it, and realized that it was also too stained and battered to be used any more.  So discussions about replacing it. Then I discovered that, when I had cleaned up the ink on the quilt itself, there had appeared a fairly noticeable watermark right across the back.  So I washed the whole thing, hoping that there would be no more disasters.  I was quite distressed and thought that, while David was off at the lumber store, I could stay at home and have a short but deeply felt, pity party.  No such luck.  He wanted me along as he didn't feel he wanted to select the type of board I would need, on my behalf. But, I don't think either of us realized how cold it had become over the afternoon.  Off we went, expecting that we would have to buy a 4' by 8' sheet of something that I could push "T" pins into, and then pay to have it cut in half. We thought that I could use one half right away to solve my immediate problem and then take our time covering the second half exactly as it should be, to use it as a blocking board, for the rest of my life.

Well, we never thought about how we were going to get two large heavy pieces of board home. There was no way they would fit into the car--no matter how much we cursed them.  Never mind that the wind was brutal, neither of us was dressed for the cold, and then it started to rain--freezing rain.  David went back into Rona and bought a ball of twine and managed to get both pieces onto the roof of the car, despite the efforts of the wind to blow the boards across the parking lot.  But this meant that we had to drive home with the windows open, and David holding onto the boards with his left hand--in rush hour traffic.  Made it though.  Not sure either of us will ever be warm again.

I will be so-o-o glad to see the end of this project!  

No comments:

Post a Comment