Sunday, October 4, 2015

It is nice to get out ....

... but as you say, one also needs to "catch your breathe". You have had some very interesting trips out Pati. And reading your other blog lends me to think you have also been inspired by your adventures.  Looking forward to seeing what you have in your mind now...
As for me, it has also been busy week. Lots of produce work here at home, but also outings. We went to Midland on Tuesday to pick up Harry's coins he bought through the auction.  Then on Thursday down to Huntsville again to plow through the ReStore, and Thrift Shop and Farmers Market before heading over to the hospital to visit the senior lady friend, Phyllis. This time about an hour into our visit her great grandson and his wife and child also came - her great great granddaughter. She had just had her one year birthday so they came with a piece of Birthday cake for Phyllis. We were out side at the time. so after a few nice words, we left them to stay with her and take her back upstairs to her room ( or her "apartment" as she calls it )
The raccoons have paid us a visit these last two nights - I could hear them out the bedroom window. So out I went to bring in two coolers full of apples that we had just bought at the Log Cabin around the lake ( the people from Hamilton who own an orchard) The little beggars would make short order of the apples and have no trouble getting into the coolers. Then they went after the bird feeder so out I went and brought it in. At the cost of bird feed, don't want that going too quickly, and certainly NOT to raccoons!
Yesterday I had my outing to meet friends at the Swiss Chalet in Huntsville. Harry stayed home and made more apple sauce from the crabapples on our trees.  It was so pleasant for me to sit and converse with these folks - relaxing and enjoyable and before we knew it 3 hours had flown by. We shall no doubt meet again in the Spring and at least another event for me to look forward to. I was telling them all about my planned trip toWinnipeg and just talking about it made me all the more excited. They wonder how I will make out on the 27 hour bus trip, but that won't be a problem from my perspective. Anticipation saves the day haha!
So today is more produce - apples, etc to dehydrate. All the tomatoes and garden veg is now done   There is much work yet to clean up the yard and garden but as long as the temps are close to zero, and it is windy, as it has been these last few days, the housework will take precedence. 
So take care all, and keep writing!!  (ps I got my hair cut - really short, and I love it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment