Monday, October 26, 2015

Are you home safely Cathy?

And probably really really tired. right? But I'm anxious to hear about your adventure, that I am.... so hoping to see a few words when you get back to normal (normal?, what is that?)
I am putting in time at the computer right now waiting to log into the Food Diary. It is another week of recording everything we eat, drink, and snack on.  I have to wait at least until after 6 pm to reflect all the times correctly since you have to indicate when you ate, or had a drink, or sneaked a treat haha!. They (Nielsens Homescan) seem to be asking us to participate more frequently than before...at least it feels that way to me - the one who has to do it. 
I went to North Bay on my own today. Harry asked me to call his coin man as the man had written an email saying he had two new coins for Harry. I arranged to go to his house for 11 am. When I got in and after introducing my self as I had never been there, the poor man started to tell me that his wife died Oct 6, and how much he missed her, and how lonely it was. He is an amputee and in a wheelchair and obviously also has a ileostomy as I could see the paraphernalia.  So for the time there I turned back to being a health care provider and spoke with him for a long while as he expressed his thoughts to me. I asked all the right questions to get him to respond in a way to tell me how it appeared that he was coping. He has workers coming in every day, so I know he will be cared for, but it is this loneliness and grieving that will be most difficult for him. I don't even know the man, but felt my time with him was appreciated. 
Well, I'll get ready for bed, and then I should be able to log onto the Food Diary. Only six more nights until it ends haha! Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment