Sunday, October 11, 2015

Just finished Thanksgiving meal

And all that is left is the sink full of dirty dishes waiting for me to jump right in. I tried to make a really nice meal as so frequently anymore it is quick make shift meals. I miss making a good rewarding self satisfying meal. I even had some fall coloured leaves paper serviettes! haha So I am satisfied and enjoyed the meal thoroughly. (pork loin, squash, green beans, new potatoes boiled with mint, and then a fresh baked apple pie for dessert..... yummy.)
We did Crab Apple juice yesterday, and bottled 24 jars - added to what we have already done, it looks as if the winter will be spent drinking juice. Today we bottled the saurerkraut that has been fermenting in the crock in the back room. It was ready so had to do it. I really wasn't prepared to do that today but quickly changed my plans and found jars and washed them and got them ready. I was fortunate that I found another box of smaller jars as I had been thinking I would have to maybe buy some more just for the suarerkraut. Anyway - 33 jars are ready to be labelled and carried downstairs. I have run out of shelf space so will have to do some juggling.  I hope this will be the end of the preserving but then we have two full coolers of apples outside right now- hoping we will be able to keep them cool and just eat, but that may not happen.
The forecast calls for maybe snow on Thursday - this is far too early..... lets hope this is wrong!
Are you making your own French Toast, or is this a plan to go out for Brunch???  Anyway, the dishes await, and then to my new book which is proving to be just as good as all the rest. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment