Saturday, October 3, 2015

Trying to catch my breath

Got out and about a fair bit this week.  Thursday I spent most of the day on the computer, when I wasn't out finishing the grocery shopping.  (Yay!!We found more LaCocina tortilla chips. )  I was preparing some information for the art group I belong to.  Now it's out there for feedback from the rest of the committee, before the next round.

Friday morning I had to go for  a fitting of my new foot orthotics,which took a little longer than expected.  A bit of a nap in the afternoon and then out in the evening to a fund raiser for the Springfield Library.  Three artists had their work on display around the library walls, and donating 25% of proceeds to the library.  There was wine and finger food,and lots of socialization. In the hour we were there there was a steady  stream pieces going out the door, so we assume it was a successful fund raiser.  I knew all three artists, one of whom works in fibre.  She appeared to be doing just as well, if not better,than the other two.  Nice to see.

This morning it was off to a Fibre Festival at Red River Exhibition Park.  My Goodness has that place changed.  The "Festival" was in a very large exhibition building. There were all sorts of different breeds of sheep and Alapacas.  David overheard some women saying that every animal there was a specialty breed and registered with a documented lineage over many, many generations.  But that was only in one corner of the building. The rest was booths dedicated to aspects of fibre--mainly wool--but also some specialty clothing, mostly dyed and made one piece at a time.  Some very beautiful stuff, but the prices reflected the work that had been involved.  Yes, I absolutely fell in love with a bag of dyed wool roving ( unspun wool), and then found a glass button that worked perfectly  with the wool.  David asked what I was going to do with it, and I told him I would cuddle and fondle it. There were all sorts of demos from sheep shearing to preparing the wool and spinning it. There was also a spot to just sit and spin or knit.

Tomorrow we should be able to stay at home.  I'm almost looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment