Sunday, November 27, 2016

Backing up a bit

On Friday we drove to North Bay to do some shopping and I was very happy to have had a successful go at it.  We found the game Jok- R - Rummi at Walmart and it was bought for Mike and Erin.  They play games and I liked it so much when we all played last year, I thought they, too, would enjoy playing it. Also I purchased the DavidsTea Advent Collection for Erin.  Mike gave me a little list as I mentioned so it was easy to follow the list.  Since it is an Advent Calendar with little teas for each day in December,  I decided to wrap it up, and it will be mailed on Monday with the tag saying Open Me Now!  In Coles I found a Mystery Book for Erin - one Mike had suggested. We also got lucky with gifts for Mike.  It is easy when Erin gives Mike a list of suggestions haha!
So it seems all is well.  I have to make up a basket as we do each year for the friends in Sprucedale ( the ones who were very helpful with Harry's Mother)  I have a basket already, and now several items eg tea, chocolates, biscuits etc and when I have it assembled, then I'll cover it with the clear plastic wrap. Today Harry started his baking with ingredients we bought at the local Village Bins Store ( we like to support the business folks locally when we can) So for today I shall be on guard to assist as usual.  We went yesterday up to the Auction Barn in Powassan to pick up some Cassette music tapes Harry was successful in buying. So on the way we stopped at a few local Christmas Craft shows - I am looking for a red knitted winter hat and usually someone has a booth selling such items ( but I did not find what I wanted).  Well I have a wash on and so should go, and also see how things are in the kitchen!  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment