Sunday, November 20, 2016

Weekend just about over

Thank Goodness!  There is a meeting tomorrow, but I'm prepared for it so, hopefully, I can relax this evening.   The sale went well.  I did my required volunteer stint--two hours each day serving refreshments.  I tried to dress well, as I always do for these events, and discovered that I no longer have any silver earrings--not that anyone appears to worry about mixing silver and gold-- but I do.  So, having seen the jewelry that Gail makes to sell,  ( also on display at the sale), I have asked her to make me a set of earrings and a pendant, again from Mom's silver.  Since two of the four 12 x 12's I put on display sold, I can afford it.

The birthday party was a pleasure.  David and I didn't bowl, but everyone else did.  Everyone, except Darren, showed remarkable skill in "ball lofting", so much so that the alleys had raised bumper pads on one of the two alleys they were using, for safety.  But everyone had fun, the cake from Jeanne's was good, as always, and we had a chance to talk about Christmas.  This year everyone except Amber's two girls drew a name for gift giving, rather than trying to buy gifts for everyone.  We still have to buy for the girls, but that's just the right way to do it, given how young they are.  The cousins have found that they enjoy doing things together, which brings joy to my heart.  A trip to see "Star Wars: Rogue One" is now in the works, and David and I plan to join them--opening day. That'll be an experience!

David and Loren had a short chat about their Sleep Apnoea, and we also found out that Darren has a very severe case of it, so much so that, he was prioritized as being "critical", and provided with all necessary equipment free of charge by the Province, immediately.  I had no idea it was so prevalent.

No snow here, but the cold has arrived, and there have been a few flakes.  Yesterday and today, David watched two football games, both of which appeared to be taking place in a blizzard, so we count our blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment