Wednesday, November 9, 2016

So, a new US President?

Isn't the world changing - who would imagine Donald Trump as the new US President.  I listened to the commentary on the CBC Radio until the acceptance speech from Trump.  It was not a really pleasant listen, and especially when they started to announce the impact ie Dow dropped to a record decline - I have GICs based on the stock market, and the S&P and Dow numbers.  Not nice news.
On a happier note, I managed to make really good headway in the yard.  Just like you Pati saying how one appreciates a sense of "satisfaction" with a job well done - in your case it was the drawer of tea towels, and in my case, seeing the yard coming together for winter. Hopefully I can continue today but there is a threat of showers so I might be delayed somewhat.
Harry did dehydrated apples over last two days so we got a handle on the excess supply a bit. But now I have to wash all the racks and put it all away.
I plan to go to North Bay tomorrow to do a few chores, and one of them on my list is to stop at Shopper's Drug Mart and have my passport picture taken,  I need to renew my passport by Feb 2017, so want to get all the necessary paperwork and pictures done now rather than at last minute.  The sign outside the store says "only $16.95" so hope that is the case. Last time I'm sure I paid lots more for the picture - I think it was at WalMart.
The radio just announced "six weeks until Christmas" - now there's a frightening situation!  I better go and have a coffee and get on with my day.  Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment