Monday, November 28, 2016

Monday

I survived the last week and am forging on.  Work is work.  We had our craft sale on Saturday and it seemed to go okay.  I was there by 7 and spent the day.  The best part was just  as we were tearing down we got a message from the manager to leave the tables up and just stack the chairs in "8" and leave them where they were!!!!!  What a nice surprise.  We were out of the Hall by 10 to 5!!!  I was ready to go home, but after a glass of wine I felt I could survive until the Parade of Lights was over.  I'm glad I stayed.  there were only 2 trucks this year without lights, and only 1 Santa.  Last year there were 2!  How traumatic for everyone.  I mentioned it to the Chamber of Commerce the day after the parade last year and Barb said she didn't realize.  I was told that this year the application clearly stated that you could not have Santa on your float.  (Why would anyone even think they could!! Santa always comes at the end)  Sunday I had a teleconference in the morning, but I got to leave early cause I had a performance in the afternoon.  We had our Annual reading of "A Christmas Carol"  Rrain organized the music again this year and it was fantastic.  10 singers performed around 12 carols acapella. They were amazing.  (Spell cheque just gave me the last letter of the alphabet in my words!)  After the performance we had cookies and Wassail.  I make the wassail every year and this year not one person had coffee.  They all loved the wassail.  There was a bit left over for me to take home.  I added a shot of vodka.  Was it ever good!!!  Maybe next year I will keep some vodka in the kitchen for the performers :)    We are having our first snow of the season today.  It is very heavy and wet.  Freezing rain mixed with snow.  Tomorrow should be a fun drive.  Tomorrow's rehearsal is cancelled so I will have another day to rest.  Last night I went to bed by nine, but I was overtired and couldn't sleep.  I think tonight will be different.

No comments:

Post a Comment