Friday, November 4, 2016

On the road again...

I am really quite excited as we are going to Mike and Erin's again tomorrow.  They phoned last evening to invite us for lunch as they would like us to see the house all organized and set up.  They have been working all week to get everything unpacked and straightened away, and seem really excited to invite us. I am feeling good because I have not heard Mike sounding so happy in a long time.  I know this move has meant a great deal to him. He has been out in their yard cleaning it up, and taking garbage to the dump, and digging fire pits and generally having a good time. So we shall drive to Markstay for lunch!  I was asked to bring a dessert so I made a special fruit salad recipe and baked chocolate chip and peanut butter cookies.  This morning Mike called early asking if we could bring a rake, and a shovel and the post hole digger and the laminator and a few other items. So the car is full and we plan an early start. 
We installed a new keyboard and what a difference. I can actually type normally and the keys depress properly, and the space bar works! I did not realize just how awful the older one was.
We were out to the Log cabin this afternoon and bought more apples. Harry plans to do more dehydrating so hopefully we can use them up.  The couple are going to Florida for two weeks so I know that I will not get a phone call from her for that period of time.
Well, it is Friday after all so wish you all a nice weekend.  And the clocks get turned back Sat night so maybe that will make a difference with the daylight. It gets dark so early now and all you want to do is go to bed, haha!  Or maybe that is because I am so tired??   Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment