Tuesday, March 30, 2021

And the Wind Blows

Some places in the province and further West, as strong as 90K.  The flag across the back was ripped to shreds overnight.  It was new on July 1st, and mainly intact when we went to bed last night.  We have used it to judge wind strength over the years, and feel sad to see it the way it is today.  The weather lady on tv last night was joking about there being 5 different types of weather warnings in effect in MB for last night.  Truly a night to stay home.  But the sun shines today, and there is hope for the future!

The final video of my Cloth to Codex workshop was posted today.  Somewhat anticlimactic.  Only 11 minutes long and basically said that if we have any scraps we don't know what to do with, we should pile them in bundles, trim them, staple them, and call them "flip books".  I have to admit that there has been so much going on in my life that I didn't spend as much time on the workshop as it deserved.  I hope to be able to go back and re-view the videos, at a more leisurely pace and see if I can't accomplish much more than I have during the actually workshop itself.  The material certainly deserves that.  I had found another on-line workshop that really appealed to me but have controlled myself --so far.

Yesterday, my income tax refund showed up in the bank account.  David's arrived 3-4 weeks ago, and I was getting concerned.  I still haven't received the printed assessment documents, but am re-assured knowing the money is where it should be.  Now, as soon as we pay for my new right hearing aid, we can decide how much goes toward the Line-of-credit, and how much we can spend foolishly.

Part of the "foolishly" will involve a wind chime Gail sold me.  She let me pick the style and the colour of the beads.  It's so pretty that I don't want to put it out in the weather, but we haven't found anywhere to hang it in the house where the wind might find it. 

Tonight is the second half of the beading workshop I'm taking, on Zoom, with the instructor from Australia. I've spent time trying to design a small sampler piece, using the stitches taught, but spent more time erasing than drawing.  So that is put aside, for now.  I'm looking forward to tonight.  One of the items on the supply list, that I didn't have last week, was chocolate.  I'll make sure I have some tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment