Friday, October 30, 2009

Stress leave

Sometimes it is worth your while to start to make waves. As long as you keep doing what they ask, they will assume that no action needs to be taken. And that's not just my opinion, it is a fact of life in government jobs. It was explained to me several times at various stages of my career and also in my management studies. Just think about how much money they save by not filling a job. And stress leave can't be held against you in a government job. Are you really worried about future promotions? They have taken advantage of you and even interfered with your holidays. Do you have a case for grievance?

You find your strength and renewal in your volunteer work. If the job is interfering with that, then you may even have genuine case for stress leave. Protect yourself. No-one else will.

Be glad I didn't visit today. As of about noon, I've been getting steadily sicker. I hope it's a cold rather than the flu, but I'm starting to worry about the little ones coming over on Sunday. Amber phoned this morning to brag that Jessica was awarded a certificate at school assemby today for showing respect for others. Parents had been invited to see the award. Hard to understand when she and her sister fight so much. Amber said that there is an award given at each grade level, I'm guessing once a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment