Monday, May 7, 2012

All is done...

The Play is over and now the ACTFest is done.  According to all comments it was a great success.  (okay, the music may have been too loud....)  It all seemed to go smoothly and any glitches were handled.  It sure does pay to have a strong  committed.  Or at least a solid core at the centre of the committee.  I only got to see 2 plays on Sunday Morning . I was so tired every time I blinked my eyes stayed closed for a longer and longer time.  Somehow, besides being chair, I became responsible for the evening events, so I had to stay til the bitter end each night.  Tough job for someone who is usually in bed before ten!  From Friday at 7 am until Sunday at 9:30 pm I got almost 8 hours sleep Most of it on Friday night!  I must have overtired by Sunday, cause I slept for about 1/2 and hour and then I couldn't get back to sleep.  I made up for it and got up at 9:15 this morning!  Enough about me and more about the Festival.  The comments we received were wonderful.  They loved the band, and the band loved them.  They couldn't believe that from the first note they played, the dance floor was full.  Their first set was over an hour long.  They were having so much fun they didn't want to stop!  We also invited the Band to dinner, which they thought was a wonderful gesture.  They are called to Whitemud Blues Band and are basically based in this area, but come from Neepawa, Brandon and Winnipeg.  ANd the food!  People couldn't stop talking about how great the meals were.  And they were.  Helen went all out on them.  ANd they were pleased at the end because they didn't have an abundance of left overs.  They told people to take seconds and they did.  Alan said that some of the younger people came back and took another completely full plate.  I am not sure what I am going to do with my time from now on, but I have a feeling that it will get filled.  Our garden isn't started yet, and my house really ( read the as desperately) needs cleaning.  Maybe I will worry about that tomorrow.... today I am going to let my body catch up to my brain.   On another note, I would love to know some of our family history.  Do you think you could get some of it from Beryl?  I have checked out ancestor. ca, but without the basics I don't know how to start.  I remember mom's mom was Helen Anne Upjohn (I think)  and her dad was Reginald Joseph Hughes.   Beyond that I am lost but would really like to know more.   I was reading the blog when I got home for the last few weeks, but my brain was focussing on what was yet to come and not on what had happened.  I will have more time now.   I really am grateful that we can stay in each others lives this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment