Monday, May 14, 2012

Lily of the Valley

A highlight of Spring for me is to watch for the little sprouts of Lily of the Valley to come out of the ground and over the weekend I think they grew about 6 inches already - they are randomly wild now although once I had them confined to a rock garden. I usually end up stepping on them as I walk over and over the patch but thats OK too! Lots of work accomplished in the yard over the last few days as I try to "tidy up" a bit. The next door neighbours ( the older couple) have just put their house up for sale ( pity) so I am trying to make the observation of our yard from their veranda a bit more presentable for prospective buyers. Good luck as every time I clean some area up, another gets dumped on but c'est la vie! Harry has a lot planted outside already because the days have been glorious but I am the one to have to cover up and although last night and tonight should be OK, the next nights promise to be threatening with low temps and possible frost, so how do you cover up tomatoes in pots that are each about six or seven feet high? I am sure I have much work and much patience on the line for the next few weeks until the summer temps arrive without the fear of frost - around middle of June usually.
Hear on the news about the forest fires in Man and in the Steinbach area. How bad are things there? Seems that if you miss out on floods you get fires early. Already Ontario has many and it is likely to be a very bad year here. In others years the fire fighters were utilized in other areas of Canada but perhaps they will be needed at home this year. I also heard on the news that the place with the highest temp for Canada today was in Gretna, Man. so you are most likely enjoying good temps there right now. Two nights in a row when I took the dog to the lake I saw people in the lake swimming - albeit teenagers but I'm sure the water is still a little chilly. Although when I think about it, this weekend coming is the big "24" and that is usually the time that lakes can be warm enough for a dip! .........Just took a few minutes out to clean up the computer - I decided to have a wee shot of Galliano as I scribed tonight, and the first sip went down the wrong way and I ended up spewing it all over the table top and computer and keyboard. What a waste of a good drink, haha. I better go before things get really out of hand. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment