Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Ghosts cover the yard

That is, sheets covering the tomatoes and cucumbers and marigolds are unattractively decorating the yard tonight and the heaters are turned on in the greenhouses. Likely be repeated again for the next two nights until the weekend when temps will rise. Aren't you just sick of hearing from me about the weather and frost warnings?? However, at the moment, this is my life, so this is what I share. Or, I could tell you about going to Mothers to check the house, and checking to see if the beans would need to be covered there! Or, I could tell you about driving to North Bay two days in a row to pick up stuff Harry bought off Kijiji. I could also tell you about driving home from North Bay this morning and being hit by a stone and cracking the windshield - a small crack but little spider legs started to develop quickly so we turned around and headed back to North Bay and had it fixed - windshield repair place that puts resin into the crack and seals it. While the repairs were being done, Harry stayed at the place and I slipped into the mall next door and wandered by myself for a bit - had fun. In Sears a lady stopped me and asked me if she looked good in the sweater she had tried on. It was royal blue in colour and she had it on over a lime green blouse and it looked awful so I told her that the colour contrast was not complimentary but I thought the sweater with something else would look good! Then I passed a new store called David's Tea so was drawn in by my interest in having a cup of tea - I ordered an Earl Grey but had a very ambitious young girl ask me what tea I usually drank and when I stated I like Chai she was off to the shelf and before I knew it had ten large tins of different varieties of chai tea for me to "smell". Out of respect for the poor dear, I bought 100 g of Cinnamon Heart Chai leaves that smelled really nice. So my cup of tea costs just over $10.00 - a bargain if you're having fun, right! One good thing to happen was to get our first water report back in the mail from Minisrty of Health stating it is OK - this is really good news as we have never had the water checked from our well since we moved here. Having to get Mothers checked encouraged me to do ours. You need to send three different samples so getting a positive on the first, I won't be afraid to send off our next two. All of Mother's three came back positive so they have gone to the Lawyers along with all the other requested reports (eg receipt for septic drainage), paperwork(eg Landowners deeds) etc to settle the estate. In a way, this is an experience for me to look to the future and start to get these sorts of things gathered together for ourselves for when it will be required. It is amazing what you actually need to have available and what considerations you need to anticipate related to paperwork requirements. I'm thinking of starting a binder to help organize myself - do you folks have some organizational method that works for you?
Well, on that happy note - bye for now...take care (no galliano tonight haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment