Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Lily-of-the-Valley

Some of ours has come up as well.  We moved it last year from the back to the front of the house,and were worried about everything in our front garden succumbing to drought, but a few have come back, as did the ferns, surprisingly. 

Yesterday we went to see "Dark Shadows". As we left David said "That was one weird show!".  Considering that it was based on a terrible 70's soap opera, I didn't think it was that bad.  The reviews weren't great but still gave it 3 1/2 out of 5. But I had wanted to see it and I enjoyed it.  Johnny Depp was in make-up again.  If I think about it, I've only seen one movie where he wasn't wearing a lot of weird make-up, and that was "Chocolat".  I enjoyed that one as well.

Today David wanted to thin the rhubarb a bit, as the third plant--the one we've been worried about--was totally overwhelmed by the bigger ones on either side. So we picked a bit, and when it was cleaned realized that we had picked quite a bit.  So off to the store and bought the makings for Rhubarb Pineapple jam and a very rich and decadent rhubarb cake.  I found the recipe for the cake on the Kraft web site.  As well, David now has enough rhubarb for a five gallon batch of wine, so we had to get the chemicals for that. I've always said that making jam isn't much of a chore at all--once you have done all of the preparation.  It seems like such a waste of energy to just make one batch of jam.  We did so much lst year that this is probably the only kind we'll make this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment