Friday, May 25, 2012

Friday, and the holiday is done

and, of course, I didn't get anywhere near the cleaning done that I wanted to.  Oh well,  I guess I shouldn't have sat around so much.  Today is the kitchen.  Jim finally got the cupboard doors and drawer handles on.  It looks really nice now.  I got 1/2 the office done and the bathroom really clean.  I did my room, but it is already looking messy again.   The rec room is a lost cause.  Jim has cleaned it, and the bar, but 3 dogs with rain and sand......... nuff said.  I like pampered chef.  I don't have any bowls, though.  I might have to look into them.  I went to the grade 5 play the last 2 nights.  Why?  you ask.  April's daughter, Trinity was in it.  She is my special granddaughter (5 year old mind... 12 year old body)   When she saw me on Wednesday she rushed over and hugged me as hard as she could.  "you came... you came... you came!"  She was so excited.  As it turned out, it was a double cast and her line was on Thursday.  Kik came with me yesterday and I felt a little unloved.  Trin came off stage and saw her and pushed right passed me to hug her!  It makes it worth while to see the joy and excitement.  Of course, her sister will be in the play next year, and her brother the year after that.  I guess I am commited for a while.  It has been cool and damp all week here.  Not so much rain, as mist.   Snow is in the forcast for today, but I don't think it will happen.  Maybe in the park.  We had salmon loaf for supper last night.  I wanted to make the salmon balls in soup, or the salmon casserole, or the salmon roll up.... but no.  Jim loves the salmon loaf so much.  One day I will just make one of the others and see what happens.  Salmon will have to come on sale again before I do that, though.  Speaking of sales.. I finally broke down and ordered myself some new shoes from Sears.  They were on for 1/2 price, so I got sandles and shoes.  And a pair of pants.  They were also 1/2 price and sounded really comfy for work.  If they are that nice I will order another pair.  I can't seem to find pants suitable for work at the Salvation Army.  I don't buy used shoes, because my feet are so poor anyway, that they would really hurt in shoes shaped for someone elses foot.  Our garden is planted, but I haven't put the bedding plants in yet.  We are having below 0 nights right now, so I think I will wait til next week.  It will have to be soon, though.   They are getting big.  TIme for another cup of tea and then start my day.  Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment