Thursday, May 24, 2012

Silliness with popcorn

I had an urge for popcorn so I just made a big bowl and sit here munching as I write. It is a package of microwave popcorn so was a fast fix for my urge but then I discovered a most wonderful bowl to use. When I was working years ago, I was invited to a Pampered Chef Party and purchased a glass 2 liter measure cup with plastic lid - supposedly you can use it for a mixing bowl, or measure bowl or whatever else they said it was good for, but it has sat unused in the cupboard since I got it - really too too big to use as a measure. But, one bag of popcorn fits perfectly into the bowl and it has a nice wide rim so easy for all fingers to get in and grab. Ain't life grand!
I went to North Bay today to deliver a car full of plants to a friend of Harry's who was promised some for his garden. Harry went to his Mothers to plant flowers in her garden so we went one North and the other South today! Mike was at work so I thought I would surprise him and slip in and do his dishes - he always has dishes so I thought it would be a sure bet. But, there was his car in the driveway and surprise, he was at home because work was starting at 1 pm today and going until 10 tonight. So it was I who got the shock but also the pleasure of spending some time with him. I played with his cat who is delightful, then we took his beer bottles back for refund, and then he bought me an ice cream before we had to head back home for him to get ready to go to work. It is quality time for me. The rest of the day was consumed with planting and watering here at home.
Mike and his buddy went last week to order (rent) the tuxedos for the wedding July 14 - Mike was fitted and says it is a traditional tuxedo - nothing fancy. As the groom, his friend bought a new dark suit and it too, was traditional and boring, so says Mike. They looked at some beautiful new "tweed" suits and his friend was dying to get one of them and of course, Mike was urging him on to be different and "go for it" but common sense prevailed apparently. Mike says Joe's bride-to-be pretty much rules the roost and she wants everything to be perfect for the wedding and would never have allowed Joe to wear a tweed suit. These two guys, Mike and Joe, have been friends since school and always have a trick or two up their sleeve.
Saturday is Hazmat Day at the dump and I have hauled up from the basement all the old cans of paint that have accumulated and intend to get rid of them along with some expired propane BBQ tanks and other assorted stuff - I thought I would have some shelf space to make good use of once the paint was gone, but Harry bought a couple boxes of old sealer jars last Sat at a garage sale and wouldn't you know it, they fit just nicely and filled up my much wanted space. So I guess I 'm no farther ahead, except that it really was time to garbage the old paint. Well, so sad, popcorn is gone so I better sign off. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment