Friday, May 18, 2012

Weekend plans

My Ravenesque group will be getting together on Monday for a painting and dyeing day.  Since it's not at my house, the rest of the weekend will be taken up with packing everything I need to take with me.

 I've signed up for a course, that I found out about by accident.  What a rigamarole!  She couldn't take cheques or credit cards and my PayPal account has been giving me grief for about 6 months.  So she put it through PayPal so that I could pay it as a guest of Paypal.  Filled out the form, gave them my credit card number, and then went to the bank where I got money out of savings, and put it through as a payment on the credit card.  Got home and she is telling me that the payment didn't go through.  Paypal had recognized my credit card number and tied it to the account, and frozen the whole thing.  But she is a very nice lady and told me that she would be driving into Winnipeg to visit her son, and I could take the cash to her at his house.  So, off to the bank to get a cash advance on the credit card in the amount I had just paid, expecting it to go to PayPal.  We drove to her son's house and sat outside on the street for 25 minutes until she arrived, but got the deposit paid. By this time, David had found a customer service number for PayPal ( well hidden it seems) and I spent over 1/2 hour trying to sort it out.  The account had been frozen for sometime, but they couldn't tell my why.  After lengthy efforts to sort things out, they gave me a new account, on the same credit card, but with a different password.  Of course, the credit card expires in June!

Had a thunder storm tonight.  Some of the worst thunder we've had since moving to this house.  A couple of them actually shook the house! And heavy, heavy rain with it. Has probably washed out the garden and destroyed the jury-rigged eavestroughing.  Last year we had over 30 flowers on the Lady Slippers, but his year only 5.  Sort of sad to see.  I know David will "baby" them,and I hope things work out.  Our peonies are also showing the result of the drought last year--sort of sad and spindly.  And we found two Iris that survived the winter.

We are into the weaning process for my finger.  It's looking like I will have a "droop" at the last joint, but I am able to straighten it to about 180 degrees, -- no further, and not when it's tired. She says that this isn't a really bad result, just not as good as they would have liked.  The problems with my skin reacting to the tape continue, but she gave me a small piece of adhesive backed silicone and the skin is quickly getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment