Saturday, May 19, 2012

Looooooong Weekend

I am off work until May28th.  One whole week.  I have the whole week planned out with my spring cleaning.   I have assigned a task to each day.  That way I won't get overwhelmed with the entire house facing me.  If I still have ambition when the day's task is done I can start on something else, and if I don't feel like it I don't have to do any more.  I am going to make Jim help, too.  He says he will "putter" outside while I clean.  I say NO.  Besides, we may finally get some rain this week.  It has been forcast everyday, but nothing much happens.  Just enough to dampen the patio and make the dogs smell.  We will have to water if nothing appears.  I don't have the garden in yet.  Just potatos and cucumbers.  No bedding plants.  We are cutting back again this year, but will have lots of tomatoes.  We ran out of salsa and stewed tomatos this winter.  I have spagetti sauce left but that is it.   My Lily of the Valley are up, but no flowers yet.  They have spread so far they are now growing under the deck.  Lots of weeds and grass in my front flower garden too.  I will have to get out there one day and "putter".  I haave to go to town council on June 5th to justify VCC's request for funding from the town.  They announced all their grants last week and VCC wasn't on it.  They will consider us, but we have to make a case.  I sure hope I make a good one because without the support of the town I don't think we can continue to exist.  When Rrain is back at work next week I am going to get her to get some letters of support from our membership.  She brought some Cinnamon buns back from the White House Bakery in Clear Lake.   Breakfast!  Here I come!  Hope you both have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment