Monday, May 28, 2012

Watches and warnings

We wait in dreaded anticipation as the weather warning for tonight calls for severe thunderstorms, torrential rains and possibility of a tornado. I have set up the sump pump outside, and closed up the greenhouses hiding some bedding plants in there for protection although if a tornado comes through I'm not sure the plants will be safe anywhere! On a bright note though, it won't freeze tonight so I need not fear frost and no need to cover up haha  Glad to see you sent Patty the recipe Cathy - now we can all make salmon balls. But you are right as well - that we have to wait until it goes on sale. Tomorrow we go to North Bay (if we are not blown away tonight) and No Frills ( where we mostly shop) has a Big $1.00 sale - lots of articles on for only $1.00 including salmon so maybe I'll be able to stock up.
I took my second water sample (from the well) into the Health Unit this morning and hoping to get back another positive report. I have also completed my application for OAS and shall mail it tomorrow - not that I can get any money until I am eligible next year but it is another one of those "life moments" that  has an impact on me so is worth noting. My hair is driving me crazy because it is getting too long and because it is straight, tends to flop, and hang all over my face - I have to clip it back and then I look stupid ( I claim it is the clips that makes me look stupid but you can make up your own opinion haha) I may have to make an appt earlier than I wished for a cut and perm - I was hoping to put it off longer so it will be closer to my departure. I watched a movie on TV last night - I guess all regular programming has come to a seasons end and they fill in with movies but for me it was great fun. It was called It's Complicated with Merle Strepp, Alex Baldwin and Steve Martin. I quite enjoyed watching it and helped to settle me down after a busy day. Speaking of which, I had to go into the Pharmacy this morning and so I sat in the help yourself Blood pressure machine as I do periodically, and was pleasantly surprised to see a lower, more normal BP rather than my usual high BP - wonder why? Could have anything to do with my pending trip? Well, better go and get ready for bed - another busy day awaits me if I can get through the night with the severe weather warnings looming! Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment