Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Rain

We've had our share here, the last few days.  Friday night there was a terrible storm, with lots of water and wind.  Then there has been rain off and on all weekend.  We had 2 cm predicted for tonight but the storm came and didn't seem to last very long.

We cooked a turkey today and there is just so much meat left when there are just two of us eating it.  I didn't make stock, although maybe I should have.  I plan to go out and buy gravy mix, because I'm just too tired to make a lot of fuss. Yesterday I was outside all day at a friend's house.  It wasn't really sunny but more slightly cloudy, and a little windy ( A lot windy at times)  We worked hard and I came home and just crashed, probably more from being outside all day than anything else.

Today I decided to be a quilter, not a fibre artist. I've been going through my fabric looking for Inspiration.  I figure she must be hiding in there somewhere. I found a very  lovely colour way and decided to just sit and piece for awhile. David helped me with the cuttting and then I spent most of the afternoon piecing.  I was still quite tired, so came upstairs to have a nap, got into my nightie and drank a cup of Sleepytime tea, when David announced that the turkey was done, and supper would be in 20 minutes.  No nap today.  I didn't win at poker tonight, but David has won something ( We're not sure what yet)

So what am I grateful for today?  I guess I'm grateful to live in a country and a time, where someone can say that they have too much food in the house to deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment