Saturday, May 26, 2012

Salmon Ball Casserole

2 - 7 3/4 ox cans salmon
1/2 cup uncooked rice
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 egg
1/2 cup grated carrot
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 - 10 oz can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup water

Put salmon in casserole.  Add rice, carrot, onion, egg, salt & pepper
Mix together well
Shape into balls and leave in casserole (16 balls fit into 9x9 dish)
Mix soup and water together
Pour over salmon balls
Bake at 350 for 1 hour

makes 5 -6 servings  ( I think they are servings for anorexics)

It is really good.  It is just that Jim loves salmon loaf  ( and it was good)  I was going to make hamburger soup today, but I took the hamburger out and all I could think of was goulash and mashed potatoes.  Guess what we had for supper!?!  Tomorrow I wll roast a chicken since I have to go back to work on Monday.  I had to go in on Friday to help with the accounting program and I saw all the work that will be waiting for me on Monday.. I think I will be tired by the end of the day... Leftovers will be good

No comments:

Post a Comment