Wednesday, May 2, 2012

You might be asking......

... so what has Be been up to lately? Funny thing is you might never believe me! Today we headed to Mothers early, and dug up the septic system - down about two feet and across about 10 X10 to reveal the cement toppers with no baffle valve. So how does one take the top off was the question - no amount of grunt work succeeded this morning. So it was covered up with tarps and home we came. Watering in the greenhouses consumed the next hour or so, and in that time Harry had contacted the Dirty Deeds Septic Services who said he would meet us there immediately. So hustle hustle into my nice clean car ( more on that later) and off we went. We got all the covers off just as the truck arrived. He did not like the one cover we had exposed as it was cracked and viewing inside he said he would not be able to suck  up adequately without opening the first chambers top ( apparently this system has never been sucked and was thick so he needed to have access to both chambers) So we dug some more and got it all exposed but still no way to remove the cement lids so he went at it with a crowbar and was able to move them slightly enough to get his tubes and hoses down. It only took about half an hour before he was done, and driving out the yard. Then came the filling in process that we completed just before the rains came. That's good as the rain will help to harden the soil down, and come Friday we shall go again to rake it over and plant grass seed. The rush for us was that a home inspection was done by a potential buyer and one clause in the tons of paperwork stated the need for a receipt from us stating the septic had been flushed with a deadline of 6 pm today. So we did our part and now wait until 6 pm Monday for the final "yes".Please pray this goes through!
After the mornings trip I cleaned up my car ( we have been using my car more frequently lately because I like to drive it rather than the van and I am doing most of all the driving ) Tomorrow we pick up Aunt Evelyn to take her to Sudbury to see her sons' new Market store just opened last week. I shall be driving with Aunt Ev in the front with me and Harry in the back. Driving as well as navigating and entertaining Aunt Ev should keep me very busy, but I , too, am anxious to see the new store. The store they had in North Bay had to be closed end of  Feb as it had been sold pending them buying new property to build, but the new store in Sudbury took all their time ( and I expect money as well ) But Aunt Ev tells me in confidence that they are looking at blue prints now to build in North Bay this summer. So tomorrow shall be a good day I predict because we are doing something a bit different and I shall see other people!
So tonight I will not fire up the greenhouses as the low is to be 10 degrees -should be like this for the next two nights so I get a reprieve but the weekend is promising below zero lows so back to my anxiety about propane heaters haha
I needed a warm, comfortable feeling the other day as I was feeling out of sorts, so I made a half batch of raisin cookies and have almost finished them. I thought of baking Edna's cookies but suddenly the thought of the old raisin recipe just grabbed ahold of me and wouldn't let go!!
That's been my week so far - and from Patty we hear that the finger is not behaving as one would wish - I am thnking of you and hoping this new splint will work. Take care all.

No comments:

Post a Comment