Tuesday, December 11, 2012

90/10 trap

Good for you Cathy - you are following the 90/10 rule. My daily inspirational flip calendar is speaking this week about the 90/10 trap - it says : most of us tend to focus our attention, thinking, and conversations on the worst 10 percent of our lives. 90 percent of what happens during our day is usually pretty good, while the other 10 percent is usually problematic and filled with hassle. I've already encountered a few bumps in the road this week - and it is only Tuesday for heavens sake - but today I tried hard to focus on the 10 percent and it helped me a bit. I am hoping to keep this up although it is very difficult. I went to North Bay alone today as I had a few chores to complete, and since it was a sunny day, I spoke to myself about the glorious day, and spending time alone with my thoughts, and it helped to overcome that little bit of 10 percent hassle haha. Give it a try .... Patty your "thankfulness" each day is an example of focusing on the 90 percent, isn't it! Finished up a bit of Christmas shopping today and seemed to find exactly what I wanted without too much trouble - I was shopping for Mike's girlfriend - we really do not know her too well, and so Mike gave a few hints and I followed through with a few little gifts. Since we shall be together after Christmas for lunch and to open gifts, and since we have bought Mike several gifts from us, it was only appropriate that we get a few things for her to open. I wish I could make some of your shortbread, Cathy, especially as it seemed to parallel Daddy's as you mentioned, but we have too many cookies as it is, and I do not intend to make more as I will only eat them all - yum yum !! I managed to get the roof shoveled off the other day, and in time for the forecasted milder weather and possibly rain showers. I am almost finished knitting the winter hat I started some time ago - only have to sew the side seam and it will be done. I was determined to get it finished only as an accomplishment, not really because I need one, and to use some of the yarn that Harry bought this summer at garage sales. I might even attempt a pair of mitts but not really sure when. Well, I intend to put on one of my Christmas movies tonight to just sit and watch - hoping to settle myself for a good sleep. I have a bit of a cold hovering and even though I took some Cold FX tablets, it still seems to be just on the cusp of developing into something worse - hope not. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment