Thursday, December 27, 2012

Quiet Christmas

It was quiet around our house, unless you count all the hacking and coughing.  Rrain caught my cold, and Sandi already had one.  We played some cards and watched some tv.  We even ate supper in the rec room.  Nothing formal at all.  Of course we forgot our Christmas Crackers.  And Rrain picked them up really early so we would have some.  I cooked a roast.  I told Kris I wasn't sure of the weight and he glanced at it and said 5 pounds.  I weighed it.  4  & 7/8th pounds.  That kid is good!  I had to say 4 & 7/8th just so that he would be wrong.  Santa brought me all sorts of chocolates and candy.  I guess he doesn't want me to lose weight.  He also brought me towels and tea towels and scissors!  I seem to lose scissors all the time.  I couldn't even find a pair to open the package of scissors!  Back at work today.  It seems like I never left and I was gone for 7 days.  Lots of junk food here, too.  Yummy.   We have a huge ham to cut up for the levy at the legion.  It should last well beyonds new years day. I raised my glass on Christmas Eve, but we had friends in for a Christmas drink, so I had to pour my rye & 7 into my wine glass to toast.  Not quite proper, I know.   I slept quite a lot this weekend.  I was in bed by 7pm on Saturday and then people dropped in.  I got up and said I was just napping, but I only lasted until about 9:30 and I had to excuse myself.  Colds really suck everything out of a person.  We have no plans for new years.  I haven't made it 'til midnight in years so I don't expect this year will be different.  It is snowing a bit here right now, but no big storms in the forecast.  Moisture is good, but not that way.  Have a great new year ( and Happy Anniversary to Pati & Dave and Happy Birthday to Dave!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment