Friday, December 7, 2012

Too many cookies

There are too many cookies in this house tempting me to nibble and nibble some more haha I don't seem to have much self control but instead, I am totally enjoying them!  I was watching the news on TV and wonder about all the awful things that are afflicting our world - I know the news tends to focus on the horrific, but surely there can be some happy happy stories? I go to bed hearing about pending war, and then listen first thing in the morning to find out the status of world affairs as I start another day. We are getting a few Christmas cards in the mail now - it is fun to read some of the  comments and what I especially like are those who write the "yearly" news letters of all the wonderful things they have done all year - and also the additions to the family as children and grandchildren have more children. Harry spoke with Aunt Evelyn yesterday and she is doing fine - talking about the plans for Christmas and saying how she doesn't want to go to her daughter in laws church on Christmas Eve because it is Catholic and she doesn't understand it - she wants to go to her own Church and sing carols. I guess her family is trying to include her in their activities as best they can but apparently it is not sitting too well with her? Harry's sister is having her two children home from university for the holidays and she is very excited - I think she misses them not being at home anymore. The son is in Peterborough, and the daughter is in Ottawa. It still seems strange not to be going to Harry's mothers as usual, but I am actually looking forward to being at home this year. Well, almost time to start planning for my big winnings tonight so best go for now. Hope you have a very pleasant weekend - not much planned for me but I have started to watch my favourite Christmas movies - and I think Miracle on 34th Street will be on the agenda for Saturday night! Last weekend I watched The Christmas Carol. And I still have White Christmas waiting to be seen - great fun Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment