Thursday, December 13, 2012

Caved into temptation...

...and just made a batch of shortbread following Cathy's direction. I used some "sugar in the raw" because I had a package on hand. Blended it to a sort of powder but still a bit raw! Added the butter and blended with flour until the blender bogged down - turned it onto the board and gently mixed the remainder. Rolled it into a circle and baked as directed. I can taste some of the raw sugar that obviously did not powder well enough, but otherwise I concur "by george I think I've got it". At least I am pleased with it although as I recall,  Daddy's seemed to have a really fine melt in your mouth taste. I also have a pot of goulash cooking for supper - got the urge thinking of you both and making the shortbread. This is a dish that is not usually made here so will be a treat for me! Last night I watched Miracle of 34th Street and as with every other Christmas holiday viewing, truly enjoyed it. I have yet to see The Polar Express, and Home Alone. No snow today but yesterday had quite a bit- was able to get out just before supper and cleaned off the roof again. I can see this being a full time job if this weather keeps up - but on a happy note, I hear on the radio that the ski hill in North Bay will be opening tonorrow. Our lake here is iced over at the shore, but a stiff wind was creating heavy waves on the whole of the lake and although looks very cold, is a long way from freezing over and so no ice fishing huts yet! Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment