Sunday, December 16, 2012

Two steps forward, one step back

Had a really rough day yesterday.  A rough night, got up this morning, ate breakfast and went back to bed.  A two hour nap and I was much better. See my doctor tomorrow, but probably only to renew some prescriptions. The appointment is for 6:45, so I may get in before 8:00.  But that just means that the lab will be open in time for any tests he may order.

Went to another water colour workshop yesterday. It was obvious that I was in over my head quite quickly, but I stuck it out.  I ended up with an acceptable finished product--a nice painting of old St. Andrew's Church, although the teacher had to do a little touch-up on my stonework.

David's sister is going down to Arizona, with a friend, right after Christmas, so there will be no Boxing Day gathering this year.  I'm not really surprised, as last year David and I were the only ones there for most of the morning.  Other than Christmas Dinner at Amber's, that was the only event we had on our schedule.  However, Gail has invited us out for breakfast this Wednesday, so we will see her, and have a bit of a chat.  Mind you, we still have an anniversary and birthday to celebrate, but that will be just the two of us.

Finally, I have achieved a new high total for my play money  winnings in Internet poker.  This has been a very long time coming.  I can remember May, having over 291,000 chips, and hoping to make 300,000 chips by summer.  Well, I got as high as 292,781chips this week.  It's fun to keep track, and doesn't really cost anything ( I put out that money, on my computer, this summer just for fun.  Oh Yeah!).

So, for today, I'm grateful for having the privilege of taking a nap, when I really, really need it.  I'm also grateful for fresh pineapple, even though it has a negative effect on my body, especially when eaten in conjunction with prune juice..

No comments:

Post a Comment