Monday, December 3, 2012

Yes!!

You have so very accurately described the feeling I get around this time of year.  We have so few friends, and spend so much time at home, that the busy-ness and air of excitement rarely ever touches us. This time of year I love to go to the mall, and either just walk around, or sit and have a cup of tea.  I love the feeling of excitement and actually feel a part of that excitement, just by being in the crowds.

This is actually part of our plan for the day.  We have a few Christmas gifts to buy, and will be heading for the mall.  It surprises me to realize how little time we spend in malls these days.  We have few needs, and tend to meet those needs at discount stores.  It seems that the mall has changed every time we go there now.  Different stores etc.  Laura Secord has left our mall.  It was one of the original stores from the very beginning. But--we don't shop there any more.  Our patronage had dwindled down to buying two Easter Eggs at 75% off the week after Easter--and we didn't do that last year.  Our Bay store turned into a Zeller's a few years ago, and has now disappeared.  We hear that there will be a Target store in that spot soon.

Tonight is my monthly Ravenesque meeting.  I wasn't up to attending last month, and the ladies must have been surprised, as I'm always there.  Yesterday I  got an e-mail offering me a ride.  Now, the meeting is off south Pembina Hwy beyond the University, and this lady lives in Garden City, although she works around here.  I declined.  I need the practice driving, and I want to have my car to be able to leave when I need to.

David did well in his tournament last night, but unfortunately, didn't win--so no trip to the Bahamas this winter. Guess I just have to appreciate what I have, and be grateful that the warm weather is keeping out hydro bill a little lower.

No comments:

Post a Comment