Saturday, December 29, 2012

Movies

After the yearly family exchange of movie gift certificates, we went to see "Jack Reacher" yesterday, after a very nice Pizza Hut pizza. We maybe see one movie a year, and this was the one I wanted to see. Both Loren and I have read several of the Jack Reacher novels, and I was really curious about how the movie might adhere to the books, especially with the controversy about Tom Cruise playing Jack Reacher.  I think he did just fine, and if you don't go with a pre-conceived idea of what Reacher looks like, you would have no problem finding Tom Cruise believable. It's been along time since I saw Tom Cruise in a movie ( I'm not really a fan), and it was a pleasant surprise to see him playing someone who is his actual age.  Even when he took his shirt off, his body was that of a man in his mid-forties. And it was fun to see the author of the books, Lee Child, appear in one seen, as Alfred Hitchcock used to do.
Loren told me in an e-mail that he, Sheila and Jeremy went to see The Hobbit last night. I think we would both enjoy it, as we enjoyed LOTR, but  David very much wants to see Skyfall.  It appears to be disappearing from the local theatres, so we feel that this weekend may be our last chance.  The Hobbit will be around for awhile, So it looks like there are more movies in our future

No comments:

Post a Comment