Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Cat watching

The cat went to the Vet this morning and had his dental surgery under anaesthetic - I have him home now and watching him carefully - he had intubation and consequently is coughing from irritation and this frightens me - lots of phlegm. He doesn't want to eat and I have to give him antibiotics with food. So how do you do this? So I am going to sit up for awhile tonight to watch over him. Luckily I started a new shawl and this will keep me busy - I have to count stitches and rows carefully so I have drafted a form with each row written down, and then cross it off as I go. Requires a bit more concentration but maybe this will be good for me. Very mild this week - quite a change but not welcome either - I have been so vigilent with cleaning off the roof, and trying to prevent the build up of ice but this kind of weather with mild temps and rain will not help any. But on the other hand, I am very thankful that I did clean off the roof - so that thought has been gratifying for me! There have been so many warnings about staying off the ice but as usual people don't listen - two huts fell through the ice in North Bay, and another tourist hut complete with beds and kitchen etc has slipped halfway under. It is frightening. I am still enjoying the new Keurig coffee machine - we bought some more K Cups at the Kitchenomics Store in North Bay on Tuesday - have to watch using it too much though - could become a very expensive habit! Hope your entertaining went well Patty - I am sure you don't fuss too much with the ladies coming? Anyway time to check the cat again...Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment