Sunday, January 27, 2013

Cold pizza and hot Chai Latte

This is what I am nibbling on right now as I check the blog and so happy to see the messages. Harry is at the auction, and I am doing "not much" which feels really good!!Yesterday set up the big greenhouse with a heater but have no plants in it yet - the heater is not hot enough to keep it above zero so Harry ordered another heater today - a 1500 watt one same as is in the other greenhouse. This will be much better than setting up the propane heaters which scare me to death, and also cost a lot to maintain. Amazing actually that the other greenhouse survived that terrible cold spell we had last week. It kept just above the freezing mark but it was enough for the plants not to freeze. I also cleaned off the roof again - lots of snow had accumulated during the deep freeze and since the forecast calls for temps around 9 degrees this coming week with a few days of rain ( how can this possibly happen?) I needed to clear it off. I wanted to go skating this afternoon but sitting at home and eating pizza seems like a great alternative. I might even see about putting on a movie and do some knitting. Weeeee!! Thinking about you Cathy and your Crib tournaments. I wish I could come to Nova Scotia with you when you go for Dominions - If it were in Ontario I might have  a better chance to join you But then you will be busy playing so best you be alone and concentrate haha
I like to hear news about Winnipeg and there always seems to be something - eg is The Bay actually closing as they had a big interview about the Paddle Wheel having to close because of decreased usage but intimated that The Bay might also close. Sad.  Anyway I'd better go and do nothing. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment