Sunday, January 6, 2013

Shawls, and Skating

A good day if you exempt the constant snow requiring more shoveling. I did not do the roof but expect if snow stops tomorrow I shall attempt it again. If nothing else, I am determined to keep it up if it will stop the daming of ice and subsequent leaking in the spring. I could not bear to go through that again. As it is Harry has started already with his seeds and I expect before too long ( ie within next few weeks,) we shall be into that vicious circle again with heating greenhouses and the daily rituals that go along with that. But for today all is well as I went skating - walked over to the arena and for the first 30 minutes I was the only one on the ice until a few families came. And I finished the shawl except for some simple fringe which I can do tomorrow. I was worried about blocking it but once it was cast off the needles, and I crocheted around the edge, it started to open up and I think will be just fine as is. I am so happy with it that I want to start another - I have some beautiful blue wool that I think I could make up a different pattern and use my experience from this first one, to do even better. I have some mistakes in this first one, but nobody would ever notice except me. I am so sick of hearing about the Hockey and the new contract just reached after 100 plus days of lockout and negotiations. That is all that has been on the news all day - I no longer get CBC and I won't be able to watch the games anymore on Sat nights. I used to watch the games as something to do, but I guess making shawls can fill that void haha  I take the old cat to the Vet onWed for surgery and I am trying to groom him before he goes - he is matted a bit under his belly and he won't let me tackle it without scratching and biting. Well, another week is about to start, so I hope you both have a pleasant week, and I look forward to reading more messages - the blog is acting funny for me right now, so my fingers are crossed right along with you Patty - just for different reasons. Hope you are doing OK and progress continues for you. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment