Thursday, January 17, 2013

Quiet day

I believe that everyone needs a quiet day once in awhile.  I prefer to call them putter-y days, as that's what I tend to do.  But, if you're not used to having little to do it can prove quite stressful.    Those are the days when I feel able to pick up something that I have previously put down for having "no time".  It might be a book, or a bit of stitchery, or it might be nothing at all, except watching a tv show for 8 hours.  Although, I admit that was the first time we had done that.

The snow and cold has kept us in most of the last week.  Tuesday, we drove across the city to buy a 50 cent bobbin for the sewing machine.  I ended up splurging and bought a dozen.  I have been working very hard making a 36" square heavily quilted , white, whole cloth quilt.  I'm teaching a pre-class, prior to Neepawa, and wanted a larger sample of how to design a piece around the techniques that I'll be teaching, but white on white just doesn't cut it.  As well trying to do it in a hurry  lead to errors, and while I was able to correct many of them, I couldn't do anything about some of them.  I know that most people won't notice anything, unless I point it out, and if nothing else, the piece can serve as a bad example.

David has asked for Chili, but he doesn't want weird chili, he wants regular chili.  I'll have to think a bit on that one.

For today I'm grateful for a warm house and a full freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment