Sunday, January 13, 2013

Roof is now clear

..well, mostly with only a bit of snow at the top. When I think of all the time and effort put into shovelling it almost every day I wonder at the "why" when in two days of rain and mild temps, it is all but gone now. There is however, the alternative in that it may have not got mild and I would still be shovelling to avoid the damming and leaking. Although I still have a few more months of winter so I expect I'll be back into the swing of things before too long. So for right now, I am chipping away at icy patches, and pouring on salt/sand, and shoveling away water from around the house where it is pooling. Harry has gone to an auction this afternoon but I am home and first on my list was to send a message on the blog. I am also babysitting a new cat that Harry got off the internet as a rescue. We went up to North Bay yesterday but did not connect with the person as arranged, so went again this morning to pick the little cat up. It is not responding favourably with our other two cats and the dog as yet, but I am hoping they will soon start to get along. Not really my decision to expand our menagerie but it is done so I will try to help the poor thing assimilate. I am sipping at a new coffee I bought at the Kitchenomics store this past week. It is called Backbackers Brew and described as "extra dark roast velvety texture with pleasant smoky notes" and I must say it is very nice as a treat. I don't think I would want it first thing in the morning, but is lovely as a special drink for times like this - blogging with my sisters!! I also bought a VHS movie for 50 cents at Resource Centre called "The First Wives Club" with Bette Midler, Goldie Hawn, and Diane Keaton. I watched it last evening and because it is a fluffy movie, it was perfect to just sit back and enjoy. Have you seen this one - is older from the 90's but still quite good. I've started another shawl as I mentioned - in a beautiful blue colour - and have the first pattern rows done just enough so I can see what it will be like. It will take quite a bit of work, but since it is all pick up work, it is all good. Each "pattern" is 10 different rows of counted stitches, so should keep my mind busy, right? I figure in order to get the length of about 60 inches, I would need to knit about 30 of the "patterns" Oh, seems very ambitious! I am already noticing that my hands are getting increasingly sore / painful and it must be the fine motion affecting the joints so I may have to ration the work so as not to totally inable my ability. So, I guess I should get onto the reat of my list, and thank goodness for lists! Hope you folks are managing the poor weather that is being reported from Manitoba - I am sure I'll get a taste of it before too long. It was refreshing to hear the interviews done with stranded motorists when the highway was closed - truckers stranded at Virden Tim Horton's and helping out the staff to serve the many folks unable to travel anywhere. Reminded me of the trip there when in May of all times, we were stuck in Neepawa wanting to go to Winnipeg and the highway was full of trucks just getting going once the highway opened.  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment