Wednesday, January 23, 2013

My wonderful world

Yesterday in North Bay at Value Village I bought two hard cover "craft" books. They are titled: The Great Rubber Stamp Book - Designing, Making, Using and the other Folding Napkins. Now there is a story to the latter book and when I saw it on the shelf it literally jumped into my waiting hands. Last summer at the Sprucedale Flea Market I was browsing at the books and saw this one on the shelf - I glanced through it and although I wanted it, gave it qa second look and left it there. I often do this when we know that if you don't take advantage the first time around, you may never get a second chance. Sure enough the next visit proved it was now no where to be had. I often thought about it but summer turned to Autumn and then Winter and it never entered my mind again until yesterday. You bet I grabbed it and bought it. There are almost 50 designs all in pictured directions for folding linen, or cotton or paper napkins into all sorts of beautiful shapes to adorn ones table. No, I'll likely never set a table again and certainly not one that warrants folded napkins, but it is the thinking about it, and imagining. There are ideas to make napkin rings, and adornments, and also now an incentive to start to look for napkins at the Resource Centre, or napkin rings etc. One must always have a goal!! And I have that box of rubber stamps that were purchased cheap long ago that sits waiting for some action and this other book has many many ideas. So this is my exciting news for today. Besides the fact that my car would not start this morning and so I had to plug it in which I have never done before. A few more days of this terrible harsh freezing temperatures and it should mellow out a bit. Warning for tonight "wind chill temperatures to reach -40 to -50" Keep warm and take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment