Thursday, January 3, 2013

Who would like some snow....??

My roof and I are on a first name basis now - how much snow can one manage anyway? Have you folks had lots and lots and lots of snow? I am now reading from my new ebook - The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling. A bit slow at first but I am sure it will speed up soon - she is setting the stage and introducing the players I guess. ( I hope) I had heard good reviews about this, her first adult book since the Harry Potter series. There are ice huts already on the lake and sleds speeding around the lake - far too soon since a few days ago there was open water. I almost fear going down to the lake now in case I am witness to a catastrophy. So I have been walking with the dog up the hill and around the subdivision again I used to go this way all the time. There is a path down across a stream and then follows in behind Sundridge - a popular snowmobile trail. But Scooby gets skidish every time I start down this way - something spooks her and she pulls to turn around and head back up the hill. So I haven;t gone this way yet. I am almost finished my first ever knitted prayer shawl - I have worked at it as we watched movies and musical DVDs over the holidays. I will need to wash it and then block it to finish it off properly. So I don't know how I shall attempt to block it - no space or tools to do it - I thought of pricing a big piece of styrofoam insulation which would be big enough and strong enough to block with T pins but haven't gone beyond the thinking stage yet.  Other than this, it has been quiet around our place and I can easily see some cabin fever setting in. I was outside today doing the snow shoveling etc and marveled at how much I enjoyed being out and rambling about. This is why I enjoy the summer so much because I can go outside and stay for hours just doing a bit of this and that!! Hope you folks are all OK and jumping into the new year with a renewed enthusiasm. I told you about my daily flip page calendar that I enjoyed every day last year. I did get another for this year but it is not the same - it has quotations each day instead of inspirational ideas so I hope I find as much solace with it as I did last year. Time will tell... Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment