Thursday, April 17, 2014

A tough decision made

Yesterday we spent a good part of the day checking out chairs in the furniture stores in the Polo Park area.  As we found around here, there was no evidence of the sort of chair I have in mind.  The feedback from salespeople has been telling us the same thing.  We also recognize that we are at a stage in life when we should be down-sizing, not buying furniture.  So we decided to go no further.  The chair we have ordered will do fine, for somewhere for me to sit in the living room, and should serve me well in terms of the after effects of my pending surgery and the rehab process.  My small wing chair from the basement will do fine as a second chair in the area formerly taken up by the couch--which has now gone to thrift store heaven along with the matching chair and a dresser that has been in the garage--here and on Woodside,--for ever 25 years.  The decision from my perspective was to settle for a living room full of mis-matched furniture, or make myself crazy searching for the right colour.  But--I have always had a touch of smokey blue in my living room, --now there will be more--along with a blueish burgundy.  Thank Goodness, my larger wing chair is a nice neutral ivory.

We were out and about right after breakfast, today, thinking that we would be better to grocery shop early in the day, than later.  We found out that gas has gone up 6 cents a litre over night--Bah!  Humbug!  Since I have so much that I want to do over the weekend, we decided to cook both a ham and a turkey, and dine  on leftovers over the next few day, but still had to stock up on fruit and veggies.  Now I am waiting to hear about my sewing machine.  I'm hoping to get it back today, otherwise it will probably be next week.  But, I have to say that my old Pfaff is just trucking along, and doing fine.  I did a good portion of the quilting on my last quilt using the Pfaff, and it looks good.  ( Maybe better?? fewer thread nests on the back.)  About the only thing I really miss, right now, is the larger harp on the Janome.

So now I am off to the studio.  I have a couple of "arty" ideas--finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment