Sunday, April 27, 2014

Among the missing??

It has been busy here, sort of.  I'm still not able to blog on my laptop, so have to find time when David isn't using his.

Yes, I have heard of the Hooded Merganser--a very pretty and distinctive duck. Ducks and geese all over the place around here--and we don't have a lake!  Where are you staying in Pinawa, Cathy?  At Wilderness Edge?  My memory of that is a nice place that has seen better days, but the food was good, especially the desserts.  I'll be spending the weekend of May 10& 11 in Pinawa attending a mixed media workshop, but will be staying with a friend.

This week I have had a terrible time trying to sleep.  So I have been dealing with those appointments I have and then napping, as it seems to reach the point of lay down or fall down.  My little quilting group met on Wednesday, which is three hours of constant vigilance, as my ladies work on their own projects, but I have to keep watching to make sure they  don't get in trouble.  Thursday we ran a lot of small errands, paying bills etc, & "between pay day" grocery shopping.  Friday I had scheduled a day of indulgence, and went in for a manicure, pedicure and facial.  After not sleeping well, the night before, I was in a bit of a fog the whole time, only made worse as the whole process is designed to help you relax and "zone out".  Saturday, I was out at the gallery in Selkirk, and then Amber took us out for supper.  Now what all this means is that I get up, have breakfast, and then head out the door.  You can imagine what the kitchen is looking like, and I still haven't finished the laundry from Friday.  Thank Goodness for the meals I have in the freezer.  One of the errands was picking up the two books on the Tarot, that I had ordered from the library.  I have read of a lady who makes $$$ with art based on the Tarot, and we recently read some books that referred to the Tarot.  I thought I would try to research some of the symbolism involved.  Cathy, didn't you say that Keri is familiar with the Tarot?

Lately, David and I have taken to asking each other, at bedtime, if we have had a good day.  This has lead me to thinking about how we measure a "good" day.  I imagine each individual person has their own system.  This week, David got to see a John Wayne marathon, including some movies from the very early 30's.  Yesterday we saw pelicans on the river amongst the ice flows.  I got my spa day.  We saw, and talked with Amber.  More small things than big things.   In the end, it seems to be becoming a satisfying ritual to actual pause for a moment, at bedtime, and say "This has been a good day".  Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment